- what information we may collect about you
- how we use that information
- whether we'll disclose your details to anyone else
What information will Manything collect about me?
When you create an account using our online registration system, we may receive personal information about you; currently this information comprises your user name and email-address.
By submitting your details, you enable Manything (and, if applicable, its contractors) to provide you with the products, services or activities you select.
Manything may also collect a range of information about the way you use the service, including without limitation device settings, app settings and usage.
Where users are adding IP cameras (as opposed to smartphone cameras) to their Manything account we scan the local network and return information about devices on your network to our servers, this is so our system can discover your available IP cameras and add them to your account. We will store this device data in our database for the purposes of support and service improvement - it will not be used for any other purpose.
We do not collect or store personal information concerned with payment such as credit card numbers – all payments are processed and handled by our payment processors, currently Paypal or Apple.
Under the UK Data Protection Act you remain the owner and data controller of your personal video data. Where we store the data we act as data processor. We will only view your video data with your express permission, for example if we are resolving a particular technical problem we might seek your permission to view it or as may be required as part of sharing the information with someone else in accordance with the strict restrictions set out below.
How will Manything use the information they collect about me?
Manything will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our service and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for "service administration purposes", which means that Manything may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular product, service or activity will be suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide;
- to provide you with information about our services, products or activities;
- to personalise the way the Manything service is presented to you;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and
- to analyse and improve the Manything service and provide you with the most user-friendly experience.
Will Manything share my personal information with anyone else?
Manything will keep your information confidential except where (i) disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to law enforcement agencies who require the information from us in a formal legal request or pursuant to court orders or legal process), or (ii) we have your consent to disclose the information, or (iii) as deemed necessary, in our reasonable discretion, to protect the legal rights or property of Manything or a customer or third party, or to prevent personal injury, or (iv) in the event Manything is required to transfer personally identifiable information to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer or disposal of all or part of its business.
Further information about cookies
If you wish to learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Under the UK Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.